Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Activity 2 - Producing The Woman Who Smiles


In February 2010, I produced a short film entitled “The Woman Who Smiles”, it was a short script written by a member of IFS. The script is about a burlesque dancer and is a silent film with a poetic monologue running throughout. I managed a crew of 35 through 8 weeks of pre-production. The production was intense and there were several first experiences for myself. My key crew were all female which was a new experience for me and we had to create an 8-foot moon for our burlesque dancer to dance on. I learnt how to effectively manage crew that had never worked on a production before and how to adjust their tasks to things more suitable for people with differing experience levels. One key issue I had to deal with was due to the length of pre-produciton. It occurred across a few graduations and so key team members had to be replaced. Myself, along with my other key staff managed this effectively and no hiccups occurred during this period.




No comments:

Post a Comment