Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Activity 5 - Producing Orlando Health Fundraiser Video




My most recently completed leadership activity included another large corporate entity. Shortly after completion of “Coffee and Apple Pie”, Lee Ann Fleming from the Orlando Health Foundation contacted me. She was interested in creating a video for their internal team member giving campaign to promote donations. I went along to a meeting with her and then over the course of an hour came up with the concept for a video they could use. I then used my little black book of contacts and put together my dream team of crew to produce this thing. I took on the role of Producer/Director and over the course of two days we filmed 14 interviews. I then mailed a hard drive with the footage on up to my editor in NYC. Remotely I guided her through what Orlando Health wanted for the video. Through confidence in my leadership I was able to delegate to someone out of my direct control the final say on the edit. Having worked with Krystal my editor for a long time now, I had full confidence in her ability. Once Krystal was finished with the edit, she mailed it back down to me and it is currently with Claire for audio post work and Kevin for graphic effects.

I have been in constant contact with Orlando Health during this long drawn out experience. However, as they aren't paying us for the video they have been patient and mindful of other commitments. I am excited to get the final project completed and delivered to Orlando Health.


No comments:

Post a Comment