Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Month 1 - Executive Leadership

For our first leadership class assignment, we were given the task of analysing our strengths and weaknesses in terms of key skills. I found that I was effective in: Influence, Problem Solving and Vision however I needed to work on my Attitude in the face of adversity, People Skills and Staff Development. To develop these skills I devised a plan of working with the International Film Society at Full Sail, an organisation I helped found in 2008. I laid out a 6-step plan that included ideas such as developing my photography portfolio through working with models and producing different genres of video work so as to work with different types of people. Looking back on this now, it’s interesting to look at this past year in hindsight and see how things have changed due to circumstance.

Throughout my 6 activities further down this blog, you can see how I tried to tackle each of my areas of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment