Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Activity 4 - Production Managing The Great Fiesta


Ironically, during Product and Artist Management, I was presented with the opportunity of production managing a commercial for the Ford Motor Company. 

While not the largest production I’ve ever produced, it certainly was the most intense. We had 3 weeks to plan, write and shoot a 5 minute Ford Fiesta Movie to be shown at the launch of the new 2011 Ford Fiesta in Orlando. The project was being written and directed by an old teacher of mine – Andrew Campbell. He had been my producer on my film final project and so knew my leadership ability through first hand experience. On this particular project, I was presented with many situations that challenged my leadership ability. I was responsible for managing several shooting locations and keeping them happy despite them seeing dollar signs due to Ford’s involvement. In addition to this, I had to remotely manage two of the shoot days due to being in class during the hours of shooting. By effectively delegating specific duties to my 1st AD and Production Coordinator the shoots could be conducted successfully despite my absence. 

I learnt a ton from this experience and it is a huge addition to my resume.


No comments:

Post a Comment