Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Month 2 - Project and Team Management

For Project and Team Management, our main focus throughout the class was our largest project and Leadership Portfolio activity. We were tasked with creating an event for a local non-profit organization that would benefit them in some way. My group decided to work with an organization I have history with – the Pink Dragon Ladies. This organization is a dragon boat racing team based out of Tampa that is comprised solely of breast cancer survivors. I personally did a documentary on them in June 2009.

My team, “Save the Breasts Inc.” decided, as they recently have a book out, to hold a launch party for them. In this activity I learnt how to successfully plan out a project from start to finish and how planning can take a considerable amount of time. It became clear however that thinking everything through in advance bolsters correct event management especially if you are leading the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment